Brunei Shell Marketing Company Sendirian Berhad (BSM) was originally called the Shell Marketing Company of Borneo Ltd. which began its operations in 1959.
From 1974 the company was called the Shell Marketing Company of Brunei Ltd until 1977, when Brunei Shell Marketing Company Ltd was formed as a joint- venture between the Government of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di Pertuan Of Brunei Darussalam and Shell Overseas Holding Limited.
Today, with a total of more than 80 employees, BSM operates from the main office in Bandar Seri Begawan, Muara Terminal and Brunei International Airport Aviation Depot. BSM introduced its new logo on 3 February 2001 and moved into its current location which is at PGGMB Building in September 2004. BSM Customer Service Center is located on the ground floor whilst the rest of the office staff is stationed on the 12th Floor.